Monday, April 09, 2012

Quick tip: Suite Decorating



WIHOO! 550th POST!
Hey everyone. I would like to make something a little easier for all of yall! The post below me by baltimorej , very nice girl! Very helpful tips :) One of her comments was talking about re-decorating. They were talking about how they were awful at it, but you don't have to be! :D I  know its not for everyone, but I wanted to show you guys how I do it! :D

Now this is what It will hopefully look like :)


 Now first you want to just draw out the outline for your room. I used the wooden floor pannels for only 1sd each. Make sure when you do this they're all touching, and that they're above the actual outline of the original room.
Now all you have to do is fill it all in. Again, I used the wooden floor panels for 1sd in DIY section. Pretty easy :) Just make sure that you can't see any sharp edges. In other words, keep all fill in panels inside the outline. :) 
Next, fill in the empty white space with any color square, available at the Interior Designing section. In this case I used brown :P Also, you can put in a kind of detailed effect, like the porch I have in my room. Just put  more wall panels to outline everything.
Now here's the cool part.What I wanted to do was a hallway effect. To make it become real, I found a vogue picture that was a symmetrical to make it look like the wall was facing a different way.  I found another vogue picture to display next to it to show which wall was forward, and which one was sideways :)
Now for furnishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay you can use WHATEVER you want for this part! I chose a sophisticated vogue theme for my room.






Thanks for reading! Please please PLEASE tell me what you think. 

7 comments:

Ciearra Milalne said...

Nice tutorial! It helped a little :)

Anonymous said...

You're pretty good at that :L

Sydnei Raye said...

Thanks!!

baltimorej said...

Thanks for the tutorial, it's pretty amazing how people can come up with this stuff.

Sydnei Raye said...

^^ So welcome :) Happy to help

SDV \\ supa_star4real said...

Yay 550th!

Sydnei Raye said...

Ik!!!