Sunday, April 08, 2012

Boredom Busters: How to Beat the Stardoll Blues


Hello everyone. I know I haven't posted for a very long time--I've been currently going through a tough time but I'm well enough to give this blog a little attention.

Lately, on Stardoll, I've been going through a "fuzz"; Stardoll just bored me. I logged in, checked my messages and notifications, then logged out. Earlier I was Stardoll-crazy. I was always logged in for hours just shopping, earning starcoins, chatting with friends, and getting free stuff. Perhaps it's an age-thing. If you're experiencing this too, here's some good tips to revive your former Stardoll spirit.

1. Keep in touch with friends. Safe pen-palling can be intriguing, fun, and interesting. Trade messages with a friend who is around your age and enjoys your hobbies. Many times you can see someone's personality through their presentation. I used to have a pen-pal and I always anticipated hearing from them. Make sure you do this safely; do not give away any personal information or things you're not comfortable with. If you're not interested in writing letters, just leaving a guestbook message or sending holiday greetings can start something new.

2. Work towards Starpoint rewards. Yes, I'll admit it, starpoints can be a drag. Sometimes the rewards are not what you wanted, and they're so hard to achieve. I usually want the hair and extra rooms. Starpoints can motivate you to stay active and log in every now and then. Starpoints shouldn't be competitive between you and another person or used to judge people on their Stardoll activity. They're just good little goals to set for yourself. (If I have it right, you can receive 12 starpoints maximum a day.)


3. Get free stuff. As humans we love receiving gifts and getting anything that is free. Gaining free items for your doll can relieve yourself from spending. Besides, who doesn't love opening the little goodies in their suite? You don't have to devote yourself to obtaining every single free item out there, but picking up a complimentary furniture item from participating in a competition couldn't hurt.  

Click here to get 6 free items for Stardoll's 6th Bday
4. "Re" everything. Redecorate, redo, reapply, redress. I hope I'm not the only one who feels a proud sensation after completely making over my rooms. Sometimes it's a burden (at least for an amateur decorator) but nothing feels better than the end when it all comes together. Revamping anything on Stardoll can get you into good spirits and you'll be willing to share your new look with other people.

5. Contribute to Stardoll in a different way. Sometimes the most fun in Stardoll comes from the fun outside of Stardoll. Doing extra Stardoll-related things can help define you as a Stardoll individual, and therefore improve your Stardoll experience. For example, if you enjoy writing, start or join a blog. If you love graphic designing, try using your medoll as a model for graphics. Even if you don't enjoy either of the two examples, following Stardoll blogs can keep you up to date with what's happening in the Stardoll world, or you could find rants and posts you relate to. If you're super good at sceneries or making albums, share it people. Even competing in Stardoll-related competitions can bring back the spark you once had.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tips :)

lovinjudas xxx

Anonymous said...

I like this post, good job.

Sydnei Raye said...

Nicee! :)

Isabel Hope said...

Thanks for the tips! And Im really bad at decorating, really lazy and poky at doing it :P

baltimorej said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

@The.Name.Is.Isabel. I know what you mean. I'm very bad at interior decorating but I'm sure there are some people on this blog who can give you some advice :)

Sydnei Raye said...

@baltimorej @The.Name.Is.Isabel

I'm actually really good at interior decorating, I'll make a quick post!:D

baltimorej said...

@designersecrets That'll be great, thanks.