Friday, March 23, 2012

Could Stardoll be possibly fading away..?



I was thinking about something to write about and then I thought about something..where has stardoll gone? I mean, From the 5 years I've been here, things have changed.....A LOT. I mean from the makeover, to our favorite brands disappearing,(Sephora, DKNY,HK,MKA,SBHD,and so many more.)  (Sorry I abbreviated them all) And I mean, I just really miss the old Stardoll. But don't get me wrong.. I LOVE making new friends and all but I just feel in such a different environment then in 2006-2007. I miss the crappy-made graphics...and I miss that you never heard ''hack'' or ''scam'' as often as we do now a days. I miss people trying to figure out the "stardoll employee code" when there never was one in the first place (or so they say :o). I miss when we could put stars in our name {*Banana*). What I'm trying to say is, really, I miss you stardoll... come back! Now we've all gotten used to the new stardoll and really couldn't give a s--- now. But don't you remember how it used to be? SD used to be Paper doll heaven, correct? Then they created the lovely Stardoll...could they really be turning into something like Disneydoll? I think the real question is... Is it that Stardoll is babying the site way too much... or is it that we're just growing up? Could Stardoll be possibly be Fading....away from us before our very eyes?

11 comments:

Isabel Hope said...

I don't know... It's kind of sad, I've heard multiple times Stardoll was so fantastic in 2009, but now? We get brands like JCPenny, Rebecca bonbon, it's just not satisfying. No one wants old pajama worthy clothes, we want Chanel, DKNY, Sephora, ELLE back!

Sydnei Raye said...

Exactly my point! It was such a happier time back then..

Anonymous said...

it was pretty kool but the makeova wasnt that bad

Anonymous said...

So TRUE!!!!

Sydnei Raye said...

Wow;; a lot of comments..thanks for reading you guys! :D

Anna said...

I haven't been on here that long but I've heard this before....and I belive it. And what's the Stardoll Employee code?

Sydnei Raye said...

@Anna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu6AsdZ1nf0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKBrLLUvSk&feature=related

Basically, it was a code that you changed your password to and you were considered as Stardoll Staff and had access to everyone's account.

There are a lot of videos but I just chose this one. If you watch those, you'll see what I'm talking sbout..and youll see the old Stardoll used to look like.

SDV \\ supa_star4real said...

Wow Sydnei, its like the blog came to life after this post. I thank you for posting. Although, I corrected some punctuation stuff. I totally agree, I've been thinking about how I don't have a big interest in stardoll anymore as I used to.

Sydnei Raye said...

Oh no problem! I think its time Stardoll needs a serious wake up call..and everyone is really starting to realize it. :)

*Tiana Maria* said...

wat did the old stardoll look like?

Anna said...

Thanks @designersecrets
it looks real though