Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Has This Ever Happened to You?

 

 Hello everyone, and happy Fourth of July. Hope you're all having a great summer. I just wanted to post about a personal experience on Stardoll. It's just something that happened a while ago but I wondered if other people fell for the same trap.

So about half a year ago, I joined a club that offered a great prize for people who invited the most friends to join their club. I can't remember what the prize was; it was something like a month of superstar membership and 200 stardollars. Of course, young and stupid, I went out of my way to make sure I was one of the top three to receive a prize.

I did actually get to be someone who was supposed to get a prize. The club owner kept delaying the time when the prize was given, postponing it month after month. Then for a good three months she went off the Stardoll radar completely. When I checked her guestbook, I realized I wasn't the only one wondering when the reward was going to come in.


 A few months later she finally went back on Stardoll. This is what she put on her guestbook:


By then I knew she wasn't going to be able to keep up with the promises she had thrown around. I learned that clubs often offer big prizes to people who can recruit as many people as they can as a promotion tactic. At the same time I was competing in the All Stars competition here on SDV, and I didn't know if they were honest about the prize. But the important thing is to get to know the person who offers the rewards, and after getting to know Debbie, I knew this was going to be different. Besides, the girl who promised the prize for her club was 11 years old, something I didn't know until far after her tantrum.

So, has this ever happened to you? Anyone more naive than I was a few months ago? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once did something similar. I got the most new members to join the club and the owner hired me as the clubs manager. I was supposed to post free things and she would pay me 50 star dollars a month. I always need more sd, so I thought this would be an easy way to get money.

A month passed and I contacted her. She claimed to "never go on anymore", even though I checked everyday and the "Last Seen" thing would always say just a few hours ago. I finally reported the club and her and got the club deleted.