Thursday, December 01, 2011

What we get out of Stardoll

We spend day after day, hours after hours,
years after years, slaving away on this little thing called Stardoll.

We waste our money, time, and lives on a website intended for 8 year olds, and we get nothing in return.
Or do we?
Most people believe that we don't get anything out of stardoll and it's just a pretty awesome place to waste time, but I believe they're wrong on that.
Of course, the first few months of stardoll are time-wasters, but after a while, it starts to become the opposite.

When I first discovered the world of blogging, my main aim was to write for blogs with huge followers to get more "stardoll famous", although I was a pretty bad writer at the time.
How arrogant I was.
After a while of observing different blogs and such, I discovered what truly makes a good blogger, and I began more determined to become a famous blogger.
The more I wrote, the more I loved blogging, and the better I became.
I would now like to consider myself a fairly decent blogger, and I just blog because I want to, not because of elitism.

As I started to blog alot more, I noticed that my English grades actually went up a bit.
You can't just blog about anything, you have to take care to detail, and write about things that interest the reader, and I guess that showed in my school assessments.
I now get straight-A's in English, and I'd love to think that's because of my blogging experiences.

There are also some two false-proof ways stardoll can help you:


The above three ladies are my favourite bloggers I've seen on Stardoll, so far.
They always post about something different, give detail, and write something worth reading.
There's no doubt that they'll go far in the blogosphere, but what about there real lives?
Blogging has a huge impact on your life, and with more experience, a uni course or two,
I truly believe that they could be successful journalists and authors.
Whether it be a writer for the New York Times or Vogue Magazine, to their very own published book,
I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up with a writing career, all because of a simple Stardoll blogging job.

Above are just three of my absolute favourite graphic designers on Dollywood, and just by looking
at their graphics herehere and here, you can see that they have got TALENT. 
To achieve good graphics, they must be competent at drawing, and bodies e.t.c, and I wouldn't be
surprised if they were all top of their art class.
Being familiar with graphic programs, the tricks of the trades and of course, having oodles of creativity in their graphics, can build up some good career choices for them all.
Several choices include a gaming artist, web designer, art directer, and many more opportunities.
Even if they decide to go on a different route, they'll always have the choice of building up a small-backup business to generate extra money, by designing small things for businesses [Logos, letterheads e.t.c].
It's simple enough, and you can do right from the comfort of your home, like this stay at home mum.


Once you extend yourself out of just the website stardoll, and onto different things like blogs and graphics,
it does make stardoll a lot more fun, and you can get skills out of it.
Yes, stardoll is still a time-waster, with it's Superstar membership bribes and somehow addicting site,
but if you stop giving in so easily, stardoll becomes more of a positive than negative in your life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

no ofnse but u we basicali seling urself 2 the judges.

Anonymous said...

^i agree. i think one of the "rookies" deserve a chance

Joanna//juicy-much said...

Anon1~ I'm not sure what you mean entirely, but I assure you that I didn't want to sell myself. I wanted to add my own experience to add something different.

Anon2~ I'm confused as to what you mean by the "rookies." Do explain?

Qarla said...

Good job Joanna, I really liked the post. As a reader myself, it liked being able to see the graphics :) But I think the anonymouses were sayig was that I think you made it too much about yourself, and it seemed almost like you were directly saying "Pick me here's why." Idk that's just how I saw it. Maybe it was just a little bit too revolved around you.

Anonymous said...

You write on amazing blogs, while the other two are just starters.

SDV \\ supa_star4real said...

In my opinion, only the first part was about you a little big. But after that I understood your post. Although I'm having a hard time identifying the 'real life application' aspect of it. Is it the job opportunities?